With over 57,000 homes and a one
hundred year history, Affinity Sutton is one of the country’s
leading providers of affordable housing and a
business for social purpose.
- We signed a contract with the HCA for £65m to build another
3,000 new homes between 2011-15 – one of the largest contracts in
- We won What House? magazine’s Housing
association of the year award.
- We won best sustainable development at our
Graylingwell development in Chichester, West Sussex
- We won the BITC Big Tick award for
our work Building Stronger Communities (and were
reaccredited in 2012)
- Our customer satisfaction levels were over
- Customer satisfaction with our repairs was at
- We invested £62m in improving our existing
- We delivered over 2,000 new kitchens
- We delivered 2,395 bathrooms
- We delivered 2,600 boiler and heating
- We delivered 4,400 electrical upgrades
- We invested over £3m in our communities and
delivered over 300 community events
- We set up three new Regional Scrutiny Boards
to monitor our performance and including resident members on the
- We helped 46 people get on the housing ladder
through our innovative mortgage partnership with Santander.
- We appointed 12 Young Ambassadors who live in
our estates to work with us to improve our offering to younger
residents and providing these ambassadors with individual personal
- We held our first National Residents Council
with over 100 of our most involved residents and plan to do so
again this November.
- We invested £600,000 in working with our
residents to improve the landscaping of their estates.
- We helped our residents claim £900,000 in
unclaimed welfare benefits.
- We helped 350 of our residents get online
through our Get Connected campaign.
- We involved 790 people in our Cultiv8
projects learning to grow their own fruit and vegetables.
- We provided support to 4000 vulnerable people
helping them to live independently and manage their tenancy.
- We helped 4,000 young people in youth
- We awarded 3,700 small grants to
- We supported 1,325 people through our work
and enterprise team
- We helped 1,000 people to obtain affordable
- We invested over £140,000 in refitting two
state of the art community hubs at South Shields and Salford,
providing computer facilities and training to local residents and
have plans to open a fifth hub in Plymouth later this year.
- We have appointed five new welfare benefits
advisers to help our residents understand the new benefit changes
and help them to prepare for these by offering support to open bank
accounts and set up direct debit payments.
- We introduced innovative housing products for
young people, over 50s and working people priced out of the private
rental market through our Rent4Less product.