In safe hands...
Antisocial behaviour is a major concern to residents. In
some very serious cases it can cause alarm and
We recognise that antisocial behaviour
(including nuisance and neighbour disputes) can significantly
affect your quality of life.
Our aim is to ensure you enjoy safety and
security in your neighbourhood and in your own home. This leaflet
sets out the action you can expect Affinity Sutton to take to deal
with anti-social behaviour.
In certain circumstances we can deal with
antisocial behaviour even if the perpetrator is not an Affinity
Sutton tenant. We will work with other agencies to tackle people
who cause anti-social behaviour, and to support witnesses.
What is anti-social behaviour?
The government has defined
antisocial behaviour as conduct which is capable of causing
nuisance or annoyance to any person, or conduct which involves
using or threatening to use our housing for unlawful
This may include:
- Noise from loud music, DIY noise, shouting, and slamming
- Children playing noisily, playing ball games thoughtlessly,
causing vandalism or trespassing into private areas.
- Nuisance from pets such as barking dogs, fouling of common
areas or animals being kept in poor condition
- Vehicle nuisance such as untaxed abandoned vehicles, repairing
cars where not permitted
- Overgrown or rubbish filled gardens
- Abuse or rude language
- Criminal activity such as drug dealing
- Violence including domestic violence
- Racist and Hate crime