Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before
submitting your entry.
Who can enter
1. Entrants must be Affinity Sutton residents.
Employees of Affinity Sutton, or any of its subsidiary companies,
their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion
are not eligible to enter. No third party entries or entries
submitted by agents will be accepted.
Submitting your entry
2. The entrants must only submit pictures
along the theme of 'My Community', and each entry must fit
into one of the three competition
categories. By entering into the competition the entrant
agrees that they are the photographer and they are not infringing
any copyright laws by posing as the photographer for their entry.
In the 'Past' category we understand that it may not have been
possible for the entrant to have taken the photograph so for this
category only, the entrant is just required to have permission to
use the photograph for the purposes of this competition.
3. To enter the competition entrants must send
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
attaching their photo entry in the appropriate format (see point
5). Each entrant must state their full name, contact number,
address and postcode (for validity and delivery requirements) in
the email. They must also specify which of the three categories they are submitting
their photo for. If the entrant does not supply this
information in the email with their attached photo they may not be
considered. If you do not have access to email,
please call Emily Day on 0300 100 0303 so we can arrange to
receive your photo/s on CD or a hard copy.
4. All competition entries must be received by
email by 5pm, Friday 24 February 2012, to be considered
in the competition. If you cannot send by email and you are sending
by post, the date on the postmark must be on or
before 24 February 2012.
5. Only one entry must be submitted per email
and the entry must only be in the following formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG
or TIFF and must not exceed 10MB.
6. Each entrant can submit up to five entries but they must all
be sent in separate emails.
Lost or delayed entries
7. We accept no responsibility for lost or delayed entries due
to technical problems or if our mailbox/firewall rejects the email
or its attachments.
Abusive or offensive entries
8. We have the right to report any abusive or offensive
9. The top prize is a digital SLR Nikon D3100 camera and Starter Kit worth
£518.00 and The Digital Photography Book: The
Step-by-step Secrets for How to Make Your Photos Look Like the
Pros! Volume one worth £6.90. Runners up will
receive a £50 Jessops Gift Card. Cash or credit alternatives to the
prizes will not be offered. The prize is not transferable.
10. The winner and runners up of the
competition will be contacted by email and we will announce this on
the Affinity Sutton website along with their winning entry.
11. Winners will be notified and announced by
16 March 2012.
12. The winners may be asked to participate in
non-paid publicity accompanying or resulting from this draw.
Customer service issues
13. This competition should not be used to
report any housing issues or our services. If the entrant wishes to
report such issues, they must contact us on 0300 100 0303 or email
their issue to email@example.com.
Using the Big Picture Facebook page
14. Entrants cannot enter the competition by
posting their entry to the Big Picture Photography Facebook page or
sending it onto any other Affinity Sutton email address or by
15. The Facebook page ‘Big Picture
Photography’ will be used to direct people to further information
about the competition and tips on photography and photography
courses on our site. It will also be used to showcase some entries
for the photography competition. Its ongoing purpose is to promote
improving photography skills amongst Affinity Sutton residents and
the wider community, directing people to training courses and
helpful photography advice. It is not intended to be used to
collect entries. People who ‘like’ the Facebook page will not be
automatically entered into the competition.
16. By entering the competition, entrants agree that Affinity
Sutton has the right to upload their photo to the Big Picture
Photography Facebook page.
17. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by
the rules and by any other requirements set out in promotional
18. Affinity Sutton’s decision is final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
19. The promoter is Affinity Sutton, Level 6,
6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London, SE1 2DA