Our service standards
Our commitment to you
We are committed to providing all our customers
with equal access to our
services and providing
a high quality service at all times. We
sure that whatever method of
communication you use to contact us our response will be polite,
professional and within set timescales.
What you can expect from us
- We will treat all complaints seriously, sensitively and in the
- We will make sure every complaint is dealt with quickly and
thoroughly and keep you informed throughout the process.
- We will always phone first to try and resolve the complaint
- We will use a two stage complaints procedure.
- We will offer a resolution within ten working days and do all
we can within this first stage to fully investigate and agree an
- In the event that we’re unable to resolve the complaint at
stage one, and you contact us within 28 days of our response, we’ll
arrange a stage two appeals panel.
- We will aim to hold the appeal panel within 28 days and contact
you within ten working days with the panel’s decision.
- We will acknowledge complaints where you’re not happy with a
policy. Where a clear trend of dissatisfaction emerges we will
- We will educate our staff in the best methods of complaint
- We will involve an independent mediator if appropriate.
- We will use lessons learned from complaints to improve our
policies and service. We’ll let you know about these
through regular updates in Shine magazine.