The Government has made changes to the benefits system. This means that the amount of benefit that many of you can claim has changed.
- In arrears, and can’t afford to pay your rent?
- Need advice on Welfare Benefits, or just unsure what you might be entitled to?
- Try our Benefits calculator, to see what you may be entitled to:
Talk to us
Need help and would you like to talk to someone about your benefits, then simply call our Welfare benefits team on 0300 100 0303.
What is Universal Credit?
Universal Credit is a single monthly benefit for people in or out of work; it rolls up and replaces six existing benefits.
Universal Credit replaces:
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit