- Cooking is one of the leading causes of fires in homes.
- Stay alert and don’t get distracted whilst cooking. Most kitchen fires occur when people leave things unattended.
- Don’t leave children alone in the kitchen.
- Keep the oven, hob and grill clean. A build-up of fat and bits of food can start a fire.
- Keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker.
- Keep electrical appliances and leads away from water.
- Switch off all non-essential appliances at night.
Further information on fire safety in your home