Key Worker Living is a government funded scheme that helps Key Workers in London, the South East and East of England to buy or rent a home at an affordable price. Find out who is eligible and how to apply below.
Affinity Sutton provides key worker rent accommodation. We have a number of properties available in the South East of England.
A Key Worker is someone employed by the public sector in a frontline role delivering an essential public service in the areas of health, education and community safety where there are serious recruitment and retention problems.
Eligibility criteria varies across regions depending on local recruitment and retention priorities, but a general list of Key Workers who may currently get help includes:
- Clinical National Health Service staff, with the exception of doctors and dentists
- Teachers and nursery nurses in schools and further education/sixth form colleges
- Police officers, Community Support Officers and some civilian police staff
- Prison officers and some other staff
- Probation Service staff
- Social workers
- Nursery nurses
- Educational psychologists, and therapists (such as occupational therapists) employed by local authorities
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service or the NHS
- Local Authority Planners and Environment Health Practitioners
- Firefighters and other uniformed staff below principal level in Fire and Rescue Services
- Connexions Personal Advisors employed by a local authority or a Connexions Partnership
- Ministry of Defence (certain personnel)
- Highways Agency Traffic Officer staff in safety critical roles within the Traffic Officer Service.
To provide greater clarity about all the options available, the Government has appointed HomeBuy agents across London and the South East to become 'one-stop shops' for Key Workers and local applicants. They will be able to confirm the eligibility of Key Worker status and provide information on the range of options available.
Find out who your HomeBuy agent is
- Phone 0845 600 6699
- Visit the Home Match website
- Speak to your current or prospective employer